Are you craving a fresh spin on Fall decor? Think softer, light palettes with metallic gold embellishment as your statement piece. It’s about changing people’s perspective of what’s expected. Use muted salmon instead of orange, beige replaces chocolate-brown and pale olive sage for rich forest green. These tones work perfectly right now where in some parts of the country the weather is warm. Accent with a few lighter shade pumpkins, neutral leaves and barrels of apples. Look for this unexpected trend to last through winter with creams, ivories and whites dominating the color scheme.
I was inspired to create a ‘whiter shade of pale’ autumn living room using Clutter for Builder Felled Fabric Textures (3 packs, 10 color/prints in each) available for $10L each at The Wash Biannual Cart Sale (8/26-9/16). Also offered at The Wash Cart Sale are 4 Fall Concept Wall Frames, each with an image of leaves, tree, and Autumn word art. Using the texture packs, you can design the fall frames in your own unique style, or add the textures to pillows and/or window coverings. To complete the room, I used Park Place Home Decor Haven Accent Chair (Coffee & Cream), Jian Wine Cart, Serenity Style My Old Piano (natural) and Cleo Design’s Fireplace. Some decorative accessories include Dreamscapes Art Gallery Apple Buckets, Autumn Decor Shutter A and Sina Wall Board (over fireplace), What Next Decorative Pumpkins, Shutter Field Fall Letter Decor and Pumpkin Lanterns, and Serenity Style Dizzie Room Divider (available @ Mesh Avenue starting 9/10/15). Hope you enjoyed the romantic mood for autumn and are inspired by the color palette to try it in your Second Life home!
Lastly, I want to mention The Rezzie Awards nominations are open until September 12th. The Rezzie Awards were founded by Fallacy DeCuir (Tool Shed) and Kat Alderson (Clutter for Builders) in 2014 as a people’s choice award for home, decor, landscaping, and creators tools. So show your support and love to your favorite SL Home & Garden stores by nominating them here:
CAST YOUR VOTES between September 14th and September 27th.
A link to the voting page will be available here:
The winners will be announced October 1, 2015 here: https://toolshednews.wordpress.com/the-rezzie-awards/
Structure: Scarlet Creative, Hudson Townhouse
- Park Place Home Decor, Haven Accent Chair (Coffee & Cream)
- DIGS, Seddon Coffee Table (Natural)
- Dreamscapes Art Gallery, Apple Buckets, Autumn Decor Shutter A & Sina Wall Board
- La Galleria, Pillows (re-textured)
- Shutter Field, Fall Letter Decor & Pumpkin Lanterns
- Sway’s, Alice Topiary (Mediterranean C & D)
- Serenity Style, My Old Piano & Dizzie Room Divider (@ Mesh Avenue Event 9/10/15)
- Apple Fall, Charlotte’s Pears, Books, Handbag & Scarf, Coffee & Muffin, Unknown Specimen
- What Next, Decorative Pumpkins & Maison Drapes (re-textured)
- The Loft, Little Yellow Candle & Alex Lantern Orange
- Jian, Wine Cart
- Cleo Design, Fireplace
- LISP, Portland Fire Accessories & Blinds Wide Long (Chestnut)
- Junk, Firewood Holder
- Fancy Decor, Birch Candles
- Pilot, Romantic Candlesticks (Gold) & Chandelier (Gold)
- StoraxTree, Woven Rug 61