Happy Monday! Just a few more days until T-bird arrives (Thanksgiving) and then it will be the push for all things Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas as much as the next girl, but it’s too early! Let’s celebrate the harvest, the bounty and the friendships. So, in the tradition of sharing, today I invite you to my Thanksgiving table decked out with pumpkins, Indian corn and luminaries. I especially loved Finishing Touches new harvest Indian Corn decor items, you need to check them out! As most of my loyal readers know, my nickname is bedroom eyes because I enjoy styling boudoirs but my favorite thing to decorate in both worlds is creating tablescapes. I probably own more plates, placemats, napkin rings and mini salt/pepper shakers than shoes! A well styled table defines the dinner and sets the mood for the party. I also wanted to showcase my kitchen, complete with a turkey feast! I hope I can find some free time in my schedule to take additional snaps of my autumn bedrooms and outdoor decor. Until then, wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
I adore fall, it’s my favorite time of the year to decorate. From the glorious colors, to the fresh crisp smell in the air, and the yummy baked goods, it’s simply divine. It’s easy to be inspired by this magical season and design a warm cozy retreat. Today, I’ve created an autumnal living space using tons of free hunts items from The Seasons Story 2nd Anniversary, Chez Moi Spooky Hunt, and The Photographers Hunt $5L (all ending October 31, 2015). I also included Sway’s Victor Wood Burning Stove & Storage Bench both deeply discounted 50%- 75% off for the Mix Event also ending October 31st. Lastly, Sway’s Erika Set in Harvest (available @ Uber, ending today 10/23/15) was the ideal living room collection to use, bringing all the colors of fall into the space. The Erika Set includes a couch with 16 single & friends animations (up to 3 avis’s), 8 couple animations, 3 texture options for the pillows, coffee table, and decorative accessorizes (2 vases, bowl with apples). There are numerous hunts and freebies being offered now, so take advantage of the gifts and have fun decorating!
Structure: Vespertine, Chanson Dautomne Skyloft
- Sway’s: Erika Set in Harvest (Uber, 10/23/15)
- Sway’s: Victor Wood Burning Stove & Victor Storage Bench (50-75% off Mix Event, 10/31/15)
- Dreamscapes Art Gallery: Country Life (The Photographers Hunt, 10/31/15)
- Sway’s: Enchanted Branch Shelf, Fall Jar with Acorns and Candle, Branch Wrapped Candle, Pumpkin Line & George Hat Stand
- Dreamscapes Art Gallery: *Pumpkin* Bucket A, *Apples* Wood Buckets, *Autumn* Deco Shutter B & *Candle Chair* Autumn
- Cheeky Pea: Autumn Crate Decor
- Junk: Bartlet Rug (One)
- Shutter Field: Fall Letter Decor
- Vespertine: Vintage Postbox (Yellow)
- The Season Story (2nd Anniversary gifts): A.D.D.Andel! Wooden Pumpkins, The Horror! Vampkin, unKindness Comfort Tubby (Autumn), C’est la vie ! Autumn Mug, Poche Applepie 2015, Roawenwood Cake Donuts Platter & Tomoto Tourou
- Chez Moi’s Spooky Hunt: Fall Wreath (gift #2), Fall Big/Small Fan Pumpkin (gift #4), Entry Halloween Decor (gift #11), Happy Halloween Doormat (gift #10) & Chair/Blanket Fall into Fall (gift #12)
Autumn is quickly approaching, the leaves are turning a golden shade, the air is crisp and the smell of yummy delights waft through the house. I love fall and it’s my favorite time of the year to decorate. The season makes your home and landscaping look so inviting. Dreamscapes Art Gallery has released a number of new autumnal decor items perfect for your landscaping needs. I styled the Tumbleweed One tiny house by Dorian, a cute one-room log cabin trailer with loft space and bathroom (7 x 20m, 21 prims). I loved the painted red door with engraved deer outline, I thought it would be the perfect backdrop to showcase Dreamscapes new items.
First up, is Dreamscapes Art Gallery new VIP Group Gift Autumn Haybale Deco with Candles and Apples for Sale sign. I flanked the new group gift with What Next Orchard Decor Set (ladder, basket and fallen apple decor). Behind the haybale is The Mustard Seed Sunflower Trio with Frog and Bee, available for 50% off at Perfect Ten (until 9/15/15). Finally, Dreamscapes Topiary Pumpkins with Lights welcome guests and border the porch steps.
On the porch I styled two separate entertainment areas; to the left of the front door I used the Dreamscapes Vintage Pallet Set, which includes a bar table, three bar stools with different fabric cushions and a tray of Halloween cookies. I accessorized with Dreamscapes Apples Wood Buckets, Autumn Deco Shutter E and La Galleria Sunflowers in Pumpkin decor.
The right side of the porch, I used another Dreamscapes Autumn Haybale Deco B with lantern, plaid blanket seat and pumpkin decor including a carved pumpkin, Autumn Deco Shutter B and Pumpkin Bucket D. Dreamscapes has a number of haybales and decorative shutters, so be sure to check out all the versions.
In the foreground of the trailer house are some more adorable Dreamscape harvest landscape items consisting of Autumn Deco Tree Stump with carved pumpkins, Candle Chair Autumn, and Market Cart B with Apples and Pumpkin Bucket B. I also used What Next new VIP Group Gift Scarecrow with texture change fall greeting sign.
The Mustard Seed Gentle Overhang Tree & Autumn Days Climbing Vine/Trellis (both texture change & on sale) are placed in the back right corner of the landscaping. On the market cart is The Mustard Seed Honey for Sale Set with sign and vintage beehive honey pot, on sale for 50% off at Perfect Ten event. I hope you enjoyed my autumn hideaway and are inspired to create a warm and inviting landscaping using Dreamscapes Art Gallery items.
Lastly, I want to mention Dreamscapes Art Gallery parcel has undergone a renovation and expanded with two large stores, multiple buildings, landscaping spaces, and a larger art gallery area. Carlotta Ceawlin, owner and designer of Dreamscapes is generously opening her art gallery to guest artists for free. Check out the rules below and follow-up with Carlotta (she’s really nice :-).
Dreamscapes Art Gallery – Guest Artists
With the renovation of my parcel I’ve decided to offer space for guest artists at my gallery, which I did in the past and always wanted to happen again. There will be no costs for invited artists to display, but there are some requirements.
Dreamscapes Art Gallery is an established location since years and shows on the top page under art/gallery in SL search. I’m looking for high quality SL artwork only (no RL paintings, photos, etc). The artwork must be your own and free of any copyright issues, which will be checked by me (no exceptions to this rule!). Artwork must be PG, tasteful, non violent and again, high quality only!
The guest artist space is located outside, behind the barn on a brick wall, similar to the new setup I chose for my own artwork. Each guest artist can display 2 works on one wall section. The art should be placed next to each other and in a preferably same size as mine are shown, to ensure an esthetic look. The artwork can be framed or not and 1 LI per piece. It can be set for sale, if you wish so. No scripts are allowed, also no info/LM givers and similar can be placed – just the artwork. 🙂
Each guest artist gets his space for three weeks and can change displayed work as often as wanted – there’s no rule to do so though. But you may want to show off a new work, then feel free.
So how do you get invited? Send me a notecard with your name and link to your work (flickr, etc), or inworld location to look at. I’ll consider having you as guest artist and let you know!
PS: Space is limited and the selection of artists is totally subjective by me. If you don’t get invited doesn’t mean your work isn’t good or high quality, maybe it just doesn’t *speak to me. Don’t be sad and don’t be mad 🙂 Art is often a matter of personal taste.
Structure: by Dorian, Tumbleweed One
New releases by Dreamscapes Art Gallery:
- Autumn Haybale Deco (VIP Group Gift)
- Topiary Pumpkins with Lights
- Vintage Pallet Set (bar table, 3 bar stools & tray of Halloween cookies)
- Apples Wood Buckets
- Sina Wall Board A (over door)
- Autumn Deco Shutter E (saying: Leaves are Falling, Autumn is Calling)
- Autumn Haybale Deco B
- Autumn Deco Shutter B (saying: Happy Fall Y’all)
- Pumpkin Bucket D
- Autumn Deco Tree Stump
- Candle Chair Autumn
- Market Cart B
- Apples Bucket
- Pumpkin Bucket B
Featured at Perfect Ten (until September 15, 2015 for 50% off)
- The Mustard Seed, Gentle Overhang Tree & Autumn Days Climbing Vine/Trellis (both menu-driven texture change), and Honey for Sale Set
Other items used:
- What Next, Scarecrow (VIP Group Gift w/texture change fall greeting sign), & Orchard Decor Set
- La Galleria, Sunflowers in Pumpkin
The waning days of autumn are upon us and for Americans, Thanksgiving is 12 days away. The grocery stores are filling up with families buying turkey and all the fixings, soon the malls will have hurried shoppers busting down the black Friday doors, and before we know it Christmas and the New Year will be here. Now is the time to slow down, reflect on the past year, be thankful for friends and family, and celebrate your blessings. Recently, I did just that, after a few unfortunate incidents, I had too much and needed to walk away from Second Life. I was drained, discouraged, disappointed, and deflated. This Thanksgiving, I’m grateful to Niki Silverweb, Ayla Zhoy and Morgan Mickalobe who supported and encouraged me to return to SL. Your kindness, care and friendship mean the world to me. So this Thanksgiving who are your thankful for?
My love for virtual interior design was calling out and I wanted to design an autumnal cottage with a large veranda located by a lake with views of apple orchards and snow-capped mountains. I envisioned Lake Tahoe, CA in the early fall when the weather is wonderful, the air is crisp but not too chilly cold, the nights are still, and the trees are bare with views of clear skies, filled with stars and full moons. The ivy covered porch is overflowing with cozy spots, delicious delights, unexpected guests, and nods to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. Creating a warm, welcoming, inviting place with crackling fire from the hearth is sure to be the area where your guests will relax after the harvest feast!
Twyla’s (the Turkey) Garden:
Structure: Heart Homes, Autumn Lovenest II (Exclusive @ Room 69, till 11/20)
- Trees: Studio Skye, Enchanted Forest & Silver Birch
- Wishing Well: Finishing Touches, Falling Leaves Well (** Free @ Homestuff Lounge**)
- Lounge Set: Shutter Field, Mediterranean Dark (Exclusive for The Challenge)
- Rug: StoraxTree, Rustic Rug 10
- Lanterns: Apple Fall, Storm Lamps, Shutter Field, Pumpkins & What Next, Fall Hanging Lanterns
- Autumn Wreath & Pumpkin Candle Holders: Finishing Touches
- Decorative Pumpkins & Tiny Candle Houses: What Next
- Branch Wrapped Candles & Fall Jar with Acorns and Candles: Sway’s
- Fall Thanksgiving Decor: The Mustard Seed (Texture change signs & leaves)
- Autumn Box Decor: Serenity Style
- Log Basket: Apple Fall
- Decorative Pumpkins: What Next
- Pumpkin Line & Log Bench: Sway’s, Victor Firewood Storage Bench
- Decorative Pillows: La Galleria (**Free**)
- Sense of Fall Decorative Item: Serenity Style (Exclusive @ The Fantasy Room, till 11/25)
- Golden Apple Basket: The Mustard Seed (part of the Tree of Life Set, $60L Weekend special)
- Autumn Bench with Throw: Off Melrose (Exclusive for The Challenge)
- Decorative Pillows: La Galleria (**Free**)
- Cat with Hat Boxes: The Mustard Seed (part of the Give Thanks Gray Tabby Set, $60L Weekend special)
- Pumpkin Candle Holders: Finishing Touches
- Pumpkin Line: Sway’s
- Lanterns: Shutter Field, Pumpkins
- Apple Baskets: Dysfunctional Designs
Twyla’s (the Turkey) Garden:
Hello friends and fellow interior design lovers! Sorry, I know I promised an open house of my Roawenwood Ravenshire Halloween Village this week, but I need to push that back to Monday. A few days ago I injured my back and everything paused. I have a few clients and sponsors waiting on some projects, I’m slowly working my way through the list and hopefully will be back to normal soon.
First week of October and it’s starting to feel like fall. The air is crisp, the trees are turning bare and I stocked up on apple ciders. Pulled the cozy blankets out of the linen closet and cuddled up in my favorite chair with a good book. Soon, I’ll change my living room decor to reflect the season, but before I redecorate my RL home, time to revamp my SL home. Marina Ramer and Jaylin Whitewood, the design duo of Aphrodite Shop & Heart Homes will be releasing the exclusive Fall into Bliss Living Room collection at The Seasons Story, available for sale from October 10-31, 2014. The soft cream sofa and armchairs are offset by the orange blossoms, burgundy leaves, and butterfly embroidered pillows, with multiple colorful throws and blankets. The patchwork rug reminds me of an American quilt. I styled the room with an Autumnal Fireplace from The Mustard Seed, Pumpkin Quilt from Finishing Touches, Harvest Hall Table from Funky Junk, a Grandfather Clock from Alouette, and decorative vases from StoraxTree. Heart Homes Fall into Bliss collection is the perfect living room grouping for the upcoming holiday season. This living space is part of the Roawenwood Ravenshire Village open house I will host in the coming days where each room is decorated with a corresponding window display (I have a sneak peek below).