The Christmas Expo 2013 opened on Thursday, December 5, 2013 and I want to highlight some home decor items you can pick up at Expo. Taxi please…
The holidays are a great time to change up your home decor and play with different styles. In Real Life, I live in warm Northern California, far far away from the Sierra, and I don’t use cabin or winter lodge style items in my holiday decor. Every since Black Friday, I’ve gone a little nuts with all the holiday home hunts and events Second Life currently offers. I’ve been wanting to create a Nordic Lodge style home for awhile now, but haven’t had a good excuse to purchase items for that style. I found some pieces at the Christmas Expo that spoke to me, and I mixed and matched to create a cozy loft. My starting point for the loft design was the Marmelade Nordic wall print (red/white tree with bow left, top photo) and the Ispachi Ski Shelf (available from Four Walls hunt). I hope this glimpse will inspire you to pop over to The Christmas Expo 2013 and get decorating!
Quick Reminder: Christmas Expo 2013 supports Relay for Life in Second Life and the American Cancer Society. Each merchant offers at least one vendor item with 100% of the proceeds going to Relay for Life. Merchant List here, Map here!
Feature items available at The Christmas Expo 2013:
- Wall Decor, Candles, Snowflake Wall Lamp & Presents: Marmelade, Christmas Set
- Cookie Tray (on Bed): Kittycat’s Creations, The Caroling Tray
- Wreath: Eternal Dreams Poses, Caught in a Wreath
- Cabinet & Cookie Stand: Marmelade, Christmas Set (resized)
- Candle Tree: Marmelade, Christmas Set
- Bed: Floorplan, Naptime Daybed/Winter (Four Wall Hunt, 12/1-15/13)
- Wood Stove & Bear: StoraxTree (Stockings Were Hung Hunt, 12/1-31/13)
- Ski Shelf: Ispachi, Old Winter Sports Makeshift Shelf (Four Wall Hunt)
- Rug: Spring Designs, Winter/Christmas Rug 15 Textures (Snowed In Hunt, 12/1-21/13)
- Floor Pillows: Pickles, Spirit of Christmas Collection (Marketplace item)
- Christmas Cards Clothesline: Zinner Gallery (Snowed In Hunt)
- Santa Tree Decor: Marmelade, Christmas Tree Decoration (Cookies for Santa Hunt, 12/1-31/13)