As I was researching for other photo contest opportunities, I stumbled upon casting calls, model searches and blogging opening for certified models. A certified model is an avatar who has enrolled in a model academy or university and has training in runway modeling. Most academy charge between 8,000-10,000L.
Calling all Hispanic models, this one is for you: EC Styling Model 2013, is a Spanish styling contest presented by BLVD Agency and Lo mas I de SL Televsion (an online television channel). The contest aims to showcase Hispanic models and enable them to demonstrate their talents, creativity and training.
- Be qualified in a recognized modeling academy or agency
- At least 6 months of age in SL
- Speak Spanish
- Have a Flickr account
- Can apply as a male or female model (will be a mixed competition)
- Send in nomination form
- This contest will be a weekly styling event, which begins on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 and will end on Wednesday, March 6, 2013
- Each week participants will prepare a different styling previously assigned by the organization (the style will be asked exactly one week before each Gala)
- All Galas will be held on Wednesday at 2:00 pm SLT
- All Galas will be webcast live through the online channel, I + I SL TV
- Dress rehearsal will be held once on the week before each Gala
- 10 competitors will be selected in auditions
- In each weekly Gala, one competitor will be eliminated. The Grand Finale on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 at 02:00 pm SLT will have only four competitors as finalists
- The first presentation Gala will show the 10 competitors that have been selected from auditions
- Gala 1: Wednesday, January 16 at 2 pm SLT – 1st elimination
- Gala 2: Wednesday, January 23 at 2 pm SLT – 2nd elimination
- Gala 3: Wednesday, January 30 at 2 pm SLT – 3rd elimination
- Gala 4: Wednesday, 06 February at 2 pm SLT – 4th elimination
- Gala 5: Wednesday February 13 at 2 pm SLT – 5th elimination
- Gala 6: Wednesday February 20 at 2 pm SLT – 6th elimination
- Gala Finale: Wednesday 06 March at 2 pm SLT – The 4 finalists will be presented, along with the winner of EC Styling Models 2013
- Your chronological and tidy resume in Spanish
- Graduation certificate from a renown modeling academy
- Specify which time you will be present at the Hearing (see below)
- Be a member of the inworld group, “The Magic Door“
- CLICK ON THIS LINK TO APPLY: Fill out my form!
- First Place wins the title as well as an invitation to join the prestigious International Modeling Agency, BLVD Agency, whose Owner and Founder is Mr. Frolic Mills, as well as L$ 10,000 cash!
- The Hearing will be open so that all stakeholders have the opportunity to perform and showcase their work live to the Jury
- Must present an abstract styling inspired by the historical period of the “Dark Ages in Media”
- Auditions will be on Wednesday, January 9 at the following times:
- Hearing #1 @ 11:00 am SLT
- Hearing #2 @02:30 pm SLT
- Hearing #3 @06:00 pm SLT
- 10 competitors will be selected in the auditions, which will then be presented in the first Gala on January 16, 2013
For questions contact irene 19 Xaris.
African-American models (or ladies willing to wear a black skin), The Red Door is hosting a Black Fashion Show at the end of February and holding an opening casting.
- Be able to Attend 2-3 rehearsals and show
- Must be willing to wear a black skin
- Must have runway experience
For more information contact Peggie Bundy.
Jump on this one ladies, it’s a goodie with a grand prize of 30,000L. Loovus Dzevavor is searching for a new face to be the spokemodel of the brand. The winning model will appear alongside owners, Vikeejeah Xevion and LoovusDzevavor Resident in all of the ads including (but not limited to) event exclusives, limited editions, group gifts and magazine ads. They are looking for a model with a well-developed image, versatile look, exceptional sense of style, knowledge of fashion in both RL and SL as well as someone who understands the brand’s aesthetic.
Loovus Dzevavor, along with AVENUE Inc., will conduct a grid wide styling contest designed to test all of the criteria they are looking for in the winning model. Avatars will have 3 weeks to submit their photos to the brand’s Flickr group. From there, they will narrow down the choices to 20 semi – finalists who will appear before a panel of judges (LD and AVENUE Staff). Models will be required to style 2 looks, according to themes given to them at the time of selection, and submit a completed questionnaire, also provided to them once selected. The judges will then choose the top 10 finalists to move on to the final round for a live voice interview and runway show where they will choose the winner!
All ten finalists will receive a 2000L gift voucher as a thank you for their participation and as congratulations for making it to the finals. The top five finalists will become Loovus Dzevavor bloggers and feature monthly posts on the official website. The top three finalists will receive the entire Spring 2013 collection. The winner will receive all of the above mentioned prizes plus:
- 30,000L cash prize
- A double page spread in AVENUE Magazine’s March issue as the face of our Spring 2013 collection
- A voucher for AVENUE Modeling Academy
- A hairstyle named after her
- A blog feature and write-up about her win on both Loovus Dzevavor and AVENUE’s websites
January 7th: The contests begins
Photo submissions must be must be titled “Loovus Dzevavor Model Search 2013 – Name of Avatar” and posted in the Loovus Dzevavor Flickr Group. The style card must be in the description box along with an explanation as to why you want to be a model for the brand. All photos submissions must feature at least 5 separate items from the store. All items must be currently available in the flagship store or on Marketplace. You may not count group gifts as part of the items. You are allowed to wear them, but they do not count toward the 5 items needed to qualify. There is no theme for this, just your own style.
Jan. 7-25th submissions accepted
- Contestants must be available to participate for all dates of the contest.
- Must have at least 6 months of modeling experience in SL and be certified. Please be prepared to provide proof of certification upon request.
- All contestants must not have current titles associated with competitive brands. Contestants who own a comparative brand will also not be considered as it could pose as a conflict of interest.
- All contestants must be able to speak and understand basic English.
- This is a contracted position, not just a brand title; the prize money is contingent upon the winner fulfilling her duties. You will be expected to fulfill all duties associated with the promoting the brand, which may include runway, machinima and print work.
Jan. 27th – 20 semi-finalists chosen
February 3rd: Semi-finals
We will choose the top ten finalists on this day. They will be contacted 24 hours after the style challenge and be scheduled for voice interviews.
February 5th – 6th: Live voice interviews
All judges will meet with and interview the top ten finalists. All interviews will be conducted either via Skype or inworld voice. Once the final interview is completed, the top ten will be given their final style challenge for the live runway show scheduled for February 9th.
February 9th: Live Finals – Runway Challenge
Our top ten will walk the AVENUE runway in a live finale style challenge. Finalists must submit their style cards to Anigma Eulenberg by February 8th. We will award all of the finalists with their prizes and announce the winner who will receive the title of Loovus Dzevavor Spokesmodel 2013.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in disqualification. Any questions regarding this contest should be addressed to Anigma Eulenberg via notecard.
One thought on “Contests galore, part 2!”